- Kidz Gigantic Day Out (KGDO) is Adelaide’s newest and most exciting kids event
- Scheduled 30 – 31 March at Adelaide Convention Centre, KGDO provides affordable fun for toddlers to teens
- Play, learn, build, discover with four interactive entertainment zones featuring science and nature play, sport, LEGO® and “big rigz”
- Further event details and ticket information at kidzdayout.com.au
ADELAIDE, South Australia (15 February, 2018) – Families have even more reason to “holiday at home” this Easter long weekend with the arrival of Kidz Gigantic Day Out (KGDO) – Adelaide’s newest and most exciting kids event.
Scheduled 30 – 31 March at the Adelaide Convention Centre, KGDO will feature four fun interactive zones, providing hours of entertainment for toddlers to teens. The new event follows on from the success of Brick-a-laide, Adelaide’s favourite LEGO® fan event, which will this year be run as a featured highlight of KGDO.
The four zones at this year’s inaugural Kidz Gigantic Day Out include:
- THE SCIENCE LAB & NATURE PLAY: perfect for budding scientists and professors, this zone features an extensive range of activities from building robotics and electric circuits to making slime, studying the night sky in the Star Dome, meeting native animals and exploring the indoor nature playground complete with a sand pit and fairy garden!
- ACTIVE KIDZ COME’N’TRY: presented in conjunction with SANFL and SACA, Active Kidz provides opportunity for attendees to try their hand at football and cricket and meet their favourite players. It also includes a giant NERF challenge!
- BRICK-A-LAIDE: Catering to LEGO® enthusiasts of all ages, Brick-a-laide features an unbeatable line-up of brick creations by local and interstate modellers and builders, along with a large range of LEGO® retailers and creative LEGO® play areas.
- BIG RIGZ: catering to children’s fascination with real life “Big Rigz”, this zone allows guests to inspect and explore a thrilling series of vehicles, including fire engines, rescue boats, trucks, cranes and more.
In addition to these four zones, KGDO will also feature a spectacular series of FREE live stage shows across the event days, including the Animals Anonymous Native Animal Show and SciWorld’s Science Spectacular.
“After three years of successfully running Brick-a-laide, our team identified an appetite for an even broader, family-friendly event in Adelaide over the Easter Long weekend,” says Simon Burgess, General Manager, Adelaide Convention Centre. “Kidz Gigantic Day Out is a terrific example of how our team is always looking to innovate and draw visitors to our City.”
Alex Bradford, Exhibition and Event Development Manager at the Adelaide Convention Centre, adds, “Brick-a-laide has enjoyed such a strong, positive following over the past three years. In developing KGDO, we wanted to maintain that excitement and following while expanding the concept to appeal to an even larger audience. We feel KGDO offers a great mix: from science and nature play to sport, LEGO® and “big rigz”, there’s truly something for all ages.”
Kidz Gigantic Day Out is delighted to have the InterContinental Adelaide on board as the event’s official hotel partner. Conveniently located right next door to the Convention Centre, Intercontinental Adelaide will offer a special accommodation rate of $165 per room / night to all KGDO ticket holders, providing yet another reason to holiday in the City this Easter Long Weekend.
Kidz Gigantic Day Out will be held at the Adelaide Convention Centre, 30 – 31 March with doors open from 10am – 5pm daily. Sensory Friendly Sessions will be held between 9am – 10am each day.
Further information and tickets are available at www.kidzdayout.com.au.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON KIDZ GIGANTIC DAY OUT:
For further information, images or interviews, or to arrange media credentials to attend the event, please contact:
Adelaide Convention Centre
P: 08 8210 6752