- South Australia’s most awarded food and wine festival, Cellar Door Fest returns to the Adelaide Convention Centre, 2-4 March, 2018
- Festival celebrates 8th year in 2018 by highlighting emerging South Australian winemaker talent
- 2018 event also features terrific range of South Australian breweries and distilleries, exquisite docket of long table dining experiences and master classes, along with new interactive “DIY Series”
- Food, Booze + Dancing Shoes, presented by SA’s own Jessie Spiby, kicks off exciting three-day event
- Festival program and tickets now available at cellardoorfest.com
ADELAIDE (2 November, 2017) – South Australia’s most awarded food and beverage festival, Cellar Door Fest, returns to the Adelaide Convention Centre, 2 – 4 March, shining a spotlight on many of state’s leading wineries, breweries, distilleries and food producers.
Celebrating its eighth year in 2018, the popular festival brings the regions to the City, with more than 180 producers from across the State converging on the Convention Centre for three days of tastings, long table dining, master classes, intimate “DIY” workshops and more. The 2018 festival follows strong attendance at this year’s event which drew crowds of more than 10,000.
“Cellar Door Fest is a fantastic showcase of South Australia’s vibrant food and beverage scene – it’s all about bringing the State’s best to the heart of the city,” comments Simon Burgess, Director of Sales and Marketing at the Adelaide Convention Centre, host of the annual Cellar Door Fest. “To think the event started as an experiment in 2011 and is now not only a permanent fixture on the State’s festival calendar, but also South Australia’s most awarded food and beverage festival, speaks to its strong and enduring consumer appeal. We’re always looking for ways to innovate – there will be plenty of new attractions in 2018, including even more immersive experiences and ways for guests to ‘meet, taste and discover’ great South Australian produce.”
Alex Bradford, Exhibition and Event Development Manager at Adelaide Convention Centre, who oversees the annual event adds, “We’re thrilled to be bringing Cellar Door Fest back for its eighth year. It’s an exciting time for South Australia’s food and beverage industry, and we’re delighted to provide a platform that celebrates emerging talent and trends, as well as connects our State’s great producers with consumers. We’ve received fantastic support from producers, with 17 different regions set to be represented at the 2018 event. Our thanks also to our sponsors, PIRSA, Brand SA and RAA for their great support of what is a uniquely and proud South Australian event.”
SPOTLIGHT ON EMERGING WINEMAKERS
South Australia’s global reputation as a ‘Great Wine Capital’ will again be on show at Cellar Door Fest, with a fantastic representation of the state’s principal wineries in attendance. New in 2018, the event will shine a special spotlight on a new wave of winemakers hitting the South Australian wine scene. Presented as a dedicated zone within the Festival, the ‘Emerging Winemakers’ area will highlight wineries that have only been in the industry for three years or less, providing opportunity for guests to discover some great new gems as well as celebrate new local talent.
THE BEER GARDEN AND DISTILLERY DISTRICT
Cellar Door Fest is not however just about wine. In recent years the Festival has expanded to showcase the state’s budding craft brewing and distillery industries, both of which will also be well represented.
The Beer Garden returns in 2018 complemented by a series of new events specially crafted for the beer enthusiast. There will be everything from live brewing demonstrations to a ‘Battle of the Brewers’ long lunch and ‘Beer Geek versus Brewer’ sessions, pitting enthusiasts against professionals in a blind tasting showdown.
The Distillery district also returns to highlight the state’s great handcrafted gins and whiskies. For the gin-lovers, the program includes an interactive gin-blending masterclass and “DIY” workshop. With whisky growing in popularity and tipped by some as the ‘next big thing’ in the spirits world, the McLaren Vale Distillery Long Table Lunch is surely one not to be missed.
EXCITING NEW FEATURES IN 2018
The 2018 Cellar Door Fest will see the return of Fest favourites, including exquisite long table dining and master classes, as well as introduce a series of exciting new elements, including:
- THE DIY SERIES: Cellar Door Fest expands its commitment to food and wine education in 2018 with the introduction of an all-new ‘DIY series’. From making feta cheese to gin-blending and whipping up Italian favourites such as pasta and tiramisu, participants will learn the tricks of the trade from industry experts via a series of intimate workshops.
- FOOD, BOOZE + DANCING SHOES: Another exciting new addition to the 2018 program, Food Booze + Dancing Shoes will be Cellar Door Fest’s official Friday night after party. A lively concoction of local produce, ‘booze’ and music, this new addition is all about bringing winery vibes to the City. The event will be a spirited collaboration between Jessie Spiby (ex-Masterchef, Jessie Does Food), the Porch Sessions, Alpha Box and Dice, Mismatch Brewing Co., Hills Cider, Adelaide Hills Distillery and Applewood Distillery. Food Booze + Dancing Shoes will provide a great kick-start to the weekend’s program, running 8pm – midnight on the opening day, Friday, 2 March.
- TOMICH WINES LONG TABLE SUNDAY BRUNCH: Cellar Door Fest’s popular long table dining series expands in 2018 to include a special long table Sunday brunch on 4 March. Providing the perfect start to Sunday at Cellar Door Fest, diners will indulge in a delectable menu paired with a selection of Tomich Wines before doors to the Fest officially open. The Sunday Brunch will be held in the Convention Centre’s stunning Panorama Suite, which offers superlative views of the Adelaide riverbank.
The Cellar Door Fest team extends its heartfelt thanks to its 2018 event ambassadors Jessie Spiby (Food), Paul Henry (Wine), Mark Reginato (Spirits) and Matt King (Beer), as well as its key sponsors, PIRSA, Brand SA and RAA. Tickets and further event details can be found online at www.cellardoorfestival.com.
Key Details: Cellar Door Fest 2018
Dates & times: Friday, 2 March, 2018, 5pm – 9pm
Saturday, 3 March 2018, 11am – 6pm
Sunday, 4 March, 2018, 11am – 6pm
Location: Adelaide Convention Centre
General admission: Friday: $28, Saturday / Sunday: $38 per person
*Please note, the above is general admission only and grants entry to the event along with a complimentary Plumm wine glass and festival passport. Other ticketed experiences are available for purchase.
FOR MORE NEWS ON CELLAR DOOR FEST:
For further information, hi-res images or interviews, please contact:
Adelaide Convention Centre
P: 08 8210 6752 / 0438 503 469