- Cellar Door Fest returns to the Adelaide Convention Centre, 15 – 17 March
- A celebration of SA’s best, the three-day Festival brings 150 South Australian wineries, breweries, distilleries and food producers to heart of the City
- 2019 Festival highlighted by two long table dining events and series of interactive master classes, including Wine and Gin Blending
- Festival offers free cooking demonstrations in ‘Jessie’s Kitchen’ and ‘Dude Food’ demos in the Wintulichs Beer Garden
- Full festival program and tickets available at cellardoorfestival.com
ADELAIDE (26 February, 2019) – The countdown is well underway to Cellar Door Fest—Adelaide’s favourite food, wine, beer and spirits festival—returning to the Adelaide Convention Centre, 15 – 17 March. One of Adelaide’s most delicious festivals, the bold and flavourful Cellar Door Fest will bring 150 wineries, breweries, distilleries and producers from across 17 South Australian regions to the heart of the City for three days of gourmet fun.
“Cellar Door Fest is all about celebrating the best of SA and showcasing our State’s vibrant food and drink scene. We’re delighted to be celebrating the Festival’s ninth year and the fact that the event has established itself as a permanent fixture on our State’s festival calendar,” comments Simon Burgess, General Manager, Adelaide Convention Centre who organise the annual Festival. “With so many of our State’s principal wineries in attendance, Cellar Door Fest continues to be a terrific illustration of South Australia’s global reputation as a ‘Great Wine Capital of the World’ in addition to highlighting our State’s emerging craft beer and distillery producers. From the Centre’s perspective, it demonstrates our team’s continuing innovation and how we not only host events, but actively create events to support local industry.”
Alex Bradford, Festival Director adds, “We’re thrilled to be back and to once again provide a platform for SA producers to showcase their amazing wares and connect with consumers. Our team is proud to have assembled another fantastic program this year, including a great assortment of immersive experiences for guests to enjoy, from tastings to long table dining, master classes and live cooking demonstrations in Jessie’s Kitchen and the Wintulichs Beer Garden. It’s important to note that Cellar Door Fest is only as successful as the brilliant producers that get behind the Festival each year and all those who support it via attendance. We’re grateful for each and every one, as well as our sponsors—Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA), Brand SA and RAA Travel—and look forward to welcoming all back to the Convention Centre mid-March.”
- Cellar Door Fest continues its commitment to education in 2019 through a series of interactive and informative master classes whereby guests will gain valuable insights and learn the tricks of the trade from a series of industry experts. The program includes everything from Cheese + Sparkling and Gin Blending on 16 March through to Cheese + Wine and Wine Blending on 17 March.
- In addition, the Festival’s educational aspect this year extends to a series of Riedel Sensory Workshops, to be held across the Saturday and Sunday. In these interactive sessions, guests will learn how to increase flavour and aroma and bring even more enjoyment to their favourite bottles, along with tips and tricks on glassware, wine temperature and wine and food matching. Tickets to this session include a four pack of glasses from Riedels’ new EXTREME range to take home (valued at $120 each).
- RAA, Cellar Door Fest’s official Travel Partner, will also be conducting an exclusive series of master classes from their Travel Lounge Bar, featuring brands such as Lot 100, Prohibition Liquor Co and Seppeltsfield.
LONG TABLE DINING
- Festivalgoers will have an opportunity to partake in two exclusive long table dining events as part of this year’s Festival. On Friday (15 March), Barossa favourite Jacob’s Creek will present an intimate three-course long table dinner, prepared by the winery’s Head Chef, Nik Tucker, and hosted by their Red Winemaker, Ben Thoman. Featuring such delicacies as smoked Hiramasa kingfish and slow-roasted Eden Valley Pork, each course will be expertly matched to the winery’s Limited Release Range and exclusive Cellar Door wines.
- On Saturday (16 March), popular East End Beer & Whisky haunt NOLA will bring their signature New Orleans-inspired fare to a laid back long table lunch. Teaming up with Woodside Cheese Wrights and Little Bang Brewing, diners will be treated to a three-course menu that focuses on Creole and Cajun soul cuisine. Each course will be paired with Little Bang Brews; the menu is capped off with a Woodside Cheese Wrights’ cheese plate.
GREAT WINE CAPITALS DISCOVERY SPACE
- The Festival’s major sponsor PIRSA will again present their popular Great Wine Capitals Discovery Space at this year’s event. Across the Festival, the Great Wine Capitals Discovery Space will play host to an exclusive series of free master classes featuring Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism award winners including: Chapel Hill Winery; Whistling Kites Wines; Penfolds; d’Arenberg; Elderton; and Hentley Farm Wines.
WINTULICHS BEER GARDEN + THE DISTILLERY
- In recent years, Cellar Door Fest has expanded to showcase South Australia’s budding craft brewing and distillery industries, both of which will also be well represented at this year’s event. With a fresh new sponsor, the Wintulichs Beer Garden will showcase some of the State’s hottest breweries and cideries as well as host the all-new ‘Dude Food’ stage, providing free lessons in grilling and searing a range of meats.
- The ever-popular ‘Distillery’ district will again highlight some of the State’s great handcrafted gins and whiskies, including but not limited to Never Never Distilling Co, who were recently judged ‘World’s Best Classic Gin’ at the World Gin Awards in London.
Tickets and the full Cellar Door Fest program are available online at www.cellardoorfestival.com.
Key Details: Cellar Door Fest 2018
Dates & times: Friday, 15 March, 2019, 5pm – 9pm
Saturday, 16 March 2019, 11am – 6pm
Sunday, 17 March, 2019, 11am – 6pm
Location: Adelaide Convention Centre
General admission: Friday: from $28, Saturday: from $38, Sunday: from $35 per person
*Please note, the above is general admission only and grants entry to the event along with a complimentary Riedel wine glass and festival passport. Other ticketed experiences are available for purchase.
FOR MORE NEWS ON CELLAR DOOR FEST
For further information, hi-res images, interviews or media credentials please contact:
Amy Christie firstname.lastname@example.org 08 8210 6752 / 0438 503 469