How to become a supplier for goods and services
The Adelaide Convention Centre relies on its suppliers to deliver quality and excellence to thousands of delegates, member of the public and hundreds of clients each year. Suppliers are expected to share our goal of world-class customer service to create a successful partnership.
Suppliers are selected on the basis of overall value for money. Whilst price is important, consideration is given to other factors such as:
- South Australia based offering South Australian products
- Environmental impact
- Timely delivery
- After sales support
- Insurance and risk
- Compliance to ACC terms and conditions of participation and relevant contract.
- Potential suppliers must demonstrate their financial, commercial and technical capability to fully meet any contractual requirements.
The Adelaide Convention Centre also look for a clear demonstration of commitment to:
- Equal opportunities in employment
- Value for money
- Fair trade practices
- Ethical standards
- Sustainable practises
- Local job and supply inputs
- Compliance to relevant legislation
- Training of staff
- Corporate social responsibility programs
- Occupational health and safety
- Corporate governance
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) (food safety) and other food legislative requirements.
To achieve the best fit and outcome, we adopt a number of processes, including effective sourcing. This comprises of a number of steps from project scoping through to contract. Procurement works with all departments across our business to:
- Leverage our purchasing power
- Continuously improve purchasing processes and control
- Ensure compliance with our procurement policy
- Lead collaboration with divisions for better management of key suppliers
- Provide better and timely management information.