Visitors to the first Cellar Door Fest will be able to sample everything from cheese and chocolate to pinot and pilsner, with all South Australian producers to be showcased equally for their regionality, personality and unique production methods.
Formerly the Cellar Door Wine Festival, Cellar Door Fest will still feature wineries as strongly as ever with more than 150 wineries from 15 regions to offer free tastings. The wineries will sit alongside food producers, micro-breweries and other niche producers, all under one roof at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
The Fest’s new look and slightly different approach builds on the success of the multi-award winning Cellar Door Wine Festival, while ensuring it continues to evolve to create new experiences and remains innovative and interesting for visitors and participants.
New features this year include a Long Table Dinner (part of the Long Table Dining Series), newly created Master classes, and the Cellar Door Fest Beer Garden. The Garden provides a relaxed space for visitors to unwind and sample a few boutique South Australian beers and ciders.
Alec Gilbert, Adelaide Convention Centre CEO said the Cellar Door Fest is a celebration of the best South Australian producers with more than 50 featured at the Festival for the first time.
“We’ve evolved the Festival this year to recognise that it’s not only wineries that have cellar doors but also cheesemakers, chocolatiers, smallgoods producers and even some primary producers,” said Mr. Gilbert.
“For producers without a cellar door or direct shopfront then the Festival can be even more valuable because it provides a unique opportunity to offer product samples and educate and inform potential new customers.
“For visitors, the Cellar Door Fest promises to take them on a journey through the regions and to provide a fun, informative and mouth-watering experience.”
Key highlights include:
NEW MASTER CLASSES
New experiential and immersive Master Classes have been created for the Cellar Door Fest to bring local produce, wines and beers closer together. They include:
- ‘Cheese, Chocolate & Bubbles’ with chocolatier Steven ter Horst;
- ‘The Ultimate in Cooking with Cheese’ – using half a Parmigiano Reggiano wheel partly emptied as a cooking vessel, plus Manchego with butter, honey and rosemary and buffalo mozzarella with olive oil, sea salt, basil and tomato;
- ‘The Supreme Cheese Experience’ – a sensory exploration with cheese-pert Valerie Henbest your taste buds will thank you for;
- ‘McLaren Vale’s Best’- where you will discover McLaren Vale’s signature flavours; a South Australian Craft Beer showcase; and
- ‘Plumm Wine Glass Experience’ with ARIA Restaurant’s Head Sommelier Matt Dunne.LONG TABLE DINING SERIES New to the Cellar Door Fest, we’ll be recreating the traditional Beer Garden to offer a relaxed space to unwind, sample a few boutique South Australian beers and ciders, and grab a bite to eat.
- CELLAR DOOR FEST BEER GARDEN
- For the first time, a dinner has been added to the popular Long Table Dining Series, with The Lane Vineyard as hosts. It will be held on Friday 26th February. A Skillogalee Long Table lunch will be held on Saturday 27th and a Howard Vineyard Long Table Lunch on Sunday 28th.
SPECIAL CHRISTMAS OFFER
Tickets to the Cellar Door Fest make the perfect Christmas present and thanks to the Christmas Special Offer, General Admission tickets are just 2 for $56.00 if purchased before 11pm on December 24th. Get the promo from the Cellar Door Fest website.
This year, the public will be able to purchase tickets for the Friday at a reduced price of $25, making it the perfect excuse to knock off work with friends and colleagues for Friday night drinks.
Tickets to the Cellar Door Fest provide excellent value. On arrival, each visitor is given a Plumm wine glass for free tastings and a shopping bag to fill with their desired goodies during their journey. Wine buyers will be able to take advantage of the ‘Pick ’n Pack’ service where mixed bottles of wine purchased at the Festival can be packed and shipped to any destination in Australia from $10.
For more information about on what’s on offer at the 2016 Cellar Door Fest and to purchase tickets visit http://cellardoorfestival.com