The team at the Adelaide Convention Centre prides itself on providing excellence in all aspects of operation.
Our level of service and facilities meet the highest international standards.
These standards have been recognised with multiple local, national and international awards across a spectrum of business event and tourism categories.
- Finalist, AIPC Apex Awards for Excellence in Convention Centre Management (2010)
- Gold, Green Supplier, IMEX (worldwide exhibition for incentive travel, meetings and exhibitions) (2009)
- Winner, AIPC Award for Innovation in Convention Centre Management (2009)
- Variety International Corporate Award (2009)
- Highly Commended, EIBTM Award for Sustainable Initiative of the year (2009)
- Winner, Cellar Door Wine Festival – Adelaide, Public Event of the Year, Meetings and Events Australia (MEA) (2012)
- Winner, Cellar Door Wine Festival, Best Australian Show, Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) (2012)
- Winner, Cellar Door Wine Festival, Best Consumer Show under 10,000 square metres, Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) (2012)
- Winner Bronze, Cellar Door Wine Festival – Adelaide, Australian Tourism Awards (ATA) (2012)
- Winner, Meetings and Business Tourism, Qantas Australian Tourism Awards (2008, 2009)
- Winner, Best Meeting Venue, Meetings & Events Australia National Award (2008, 2009)
- Winner, Best Meeting Venue and Corporate Social Responsibility, Meetings & Events Australia National Award (2008, 2009)
- Winner, Cellar Door Wine Festival – Adelaide, Public Event of the Year, Meetings and Events Australia SA (2012)
- Winner, Cellar Door Wine Festival, Festival and Events category, South Australian Tourism Award (SATA)
- Barkuma: Honorary Membership
- Winner, South Australian Restaurant and Catering Awards for Excellence
- Hall of Fame Winner, Meetings and Business Tourism category, South Australian Tourism Awards (2008, 2009, 2010)
- Hall of Fame Winner, Best Meeting Venue 500 delegates or more without accommodation, Meetings & Events Australia State Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
- Silver, Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism, South Australian Tourism Awards (2008, 2009, 2010)
- SA Governor’s Award for support to Foodbank SA
We have also achieved many other accolades, including:
- First Australian convention centre to achieve EarthCheck Silver certification;
- Climate Action Innovator status through the Eco-Tourism Australia Climate Action program.
“In recent times, we have been internationally acknowledged as a leader in innovation, sustainability and corporate social responsibility, achieving accolades bestowed by industry peers in Australia and overseas. What’s more, we have been awarded honours we did not seek – conferred by respected community organisations, including Variety International.
“We also became the first convention centre in Australia – and the only organisation in South Australia – to achieve EarthCheck silver certification. That places us among the world’s leading environmentally responsible businesses in the travel and tourism industry.”
– Alec Gilbert, Chief Executive, Adelaide Convention Centre
Speedway Australia Hall of Fame Dinner
I found the ACC staff a pleasure to deal with and they very clearly have excellent client relationship skills... nothing was too much trouble. I must pass on the feedback from the guests who commented on how much they enjoyed the quality of meals that were served.